At Long Last, Spain!

I love Spain; it's a wonderful country that has a lot to offer, including its food and drink.  But, the truth is that going to a bar or a restaurant, if you're a non-smoker and value your health is a chore, and the ambiance is ruined, in spite of all the other positive elements.  Last May, my wife and I were in Andalusia and, one time, after the meal I had to quickly exit the restaurant while she paid the check because I couldn't bear the cigarette smoke any longer.

So, I'm looking forward to our next visit, when I hope that I'll be able to enjoy my food or drink without having to worry about my lungs.  I'm sure that Spaniards will soon realize that the recently-enacted law that bans smoking in closed spaces is for the best.  Food and poisonous smoke don't go well together.  The initial resistance of, frankly, addicts will give way to acceptance by the majority of sensible people who will feel better while enjoying their great food.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belgian Buggery

The Mutiny That Should Have Been

Hear, Hear!