A Regular Joe

I always liked Joe Frazier much more than I did Ali. In fact, I never liked Ali at all. For all his "greatness", I found him boastful and demeaning towards his opponents. Talent and physical prowess aside, he wasn't someone that I could admire.  Frazier, on the other hand, went about his business in a quiet and dignified way, not making fun of the other guy. He just knocked him out. He never resorted to the verbal abuse that he was the target of with Ali. There's much to be admired in someone who does his job well, without humiliating others or delivering cheap shots to them.

In a world where values have been corrupted, Ali became a hero of sorts. But, to me, Frazier was the better man, inside and outside the ring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belgian Buggery

Hear, Hear!

Chinese Capitalism