«Siempre» Madrid

I love Spain. It's one of my favorite places in the whole world. I love everything about it. And that includes its laid-back lifestyle, at least, as I can perceive it as a foreigner and somewhat frequent visitor. So, from my admittedly-egotistical point of view, I dislike the idea of Spain changing its time to coincide with England and Portugal. Though it may make sense from a geographical standpoint, the change would take away much of the charm of the Spanish culture as the world has come to know it for more than 70 years. As someone who appreciates the siesta and enjoys the nightlife, Spanish style, I think that mimicking the supposedly superior British work and other habits would be a mistake.

To each its own. We don't want another London, as great as it is. Madrid would not be the same moving at another pace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belgian Buggery

Hear, Hear!

Chinese Capitalism