A Lesson Not Learned

I went to Catholic school, K-12. I even wrote a book about that experience. So, it comes as no surprise to me that Catholic schools have been in trouble for a long time; a lot of them have had to close down for financial reasons and dwindling enrollment. As time has gone by, people have become less inclined to put their children in such expensive and arbitrary environments, where individuality is suffocated in the name of God.

I would also venture to say that the sexual-abuse scandal hasn't helped much. As a parent, I would be very concerned about putting my child in harm's way, by placing him or her near priests and nuns. There have been too many cases all over the world, for parents not to be rightfully worried about this.

The Catholic Church has no one to blame but itself for the increasing disappearance of Catholic education.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belgian Buggery

Hear, Hear!

Chinese Capitalism