Hairbrained

Far be it from me to defend North Korea's leader, but I think it unseemly to keep making fun of his physical appearance. I'm sure that there are valid reasons to criticize him, but it seems to me that his haircut -- weird as it may be -- is not one of them. Picking on him for that is, frankly, sophomoric, frat-house stuff.

Once you go down that path, no one is safe from that kind of criticism. The world is full of people with all kinds of crooked, strange, twisted and ugly features. Many have a dubious taste in clothes or personal accoutrements. But, these things are beside the point, unless you're part of the so-called "fashion police."

The world is complicated enough, without  this trivial stuff about how political figures or government officials look. Nobody likes to be made fun of, and this is no way to improve international relations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belgian Buggery

I Won't Be Charlie

Why Am I Not Surprised?