The Joke's on Obama

My father used to say that it was a bad idea to honor someone who is alive because, no matter how great the person might be, even at the last minute, he could do something awful that would embarrass everyone.

Witness Bill Cosby's Presidential Medal of Freedom. Obama awarded it to the man widely regarded as the ultimate American Black Man. A model citizen and a model for all black men. A man who publicly scolded young black men who were not doing the right thing for themselves and their community. Who chastised other black comedians for using the word "nigger" in their stand-up routines. In short, the Father-figure for all American black men.

Oh, yes, and an admittedly serial rapist who used drugs to do his dirty deeds.

Comments

  1. The joke's on me! My son has called my attention -- privately, to avoid embarrassing me -- to the fact that it was Bush in 2002 who awarded Cosby the medal. I stand corrected; I should have checked my "facts." I'm also grateful to my son, who did as I taught him, and, as always, makes me proud.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Belgian Buggery

Hear, Hear!

Chinese Capitalism