Man's Best Friend...On a Plate

They're thinking about banning eating dogs and cats in China. Apparently, animal lovers have mounted a somewhat successful campaign against this common practice in some parts of Asia. I really couldn't care less, one way or the other, but, the less dogs and cats, the better. So, if eating them is part of the answer, it's fine by me.

What I find interesting is that the reason given by opponents to having these animals on the menu is that they are considered companions or pets by human beings. Well, it seems to me that these animal rights activists discriminate unfairly against other members of the animal kingdom in this regard. Just because you don't normally have a cow, a pig or a turkey in your house to keep you company it doesn't mean that you are less fond of them.

Speaking for myself, I love all of them... to death.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belgian Buggery

Hear, Hear!

Chinese Capitalism