Grandma's Wisdom

My grandmother on my mother's side used to say: "Criticize today, and you'd better be dead by tomorrow", meaning that, very often, you wind up doing what you just criticized, or that life will turn the tables on you very quickly. Which is what has happened to the American auto industry in the wake of the troubles that Toyota had recently. After gloating to their heart's content, Detroit's car companies find themselves in hot water. Witness the 600,000 vehicle recall just issued by Chrysler for major problems, including - wouldn't you know it - faulty gas pedals.

So, if I were the oil companies in the U.S., I would think long and hard before pointing my finger too harshly at British Petroleum...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belgian Buggery

The Mutiny That Should Have Been

Hear, Hear!